The frets were far beyond leveling and recrowning, so I replaced them with the equivalent size, in this case a Martin fretwire with a .0255" tang. The new bone nut was made the same dimensions as an original and treated to a little amber toner to age its appearance. The original tunamatic had no retainer spring or holes for mounting one and the saddles wouldn't stay in place while restringing. The original Klusons had severe head shrinkage and were very fragile. I replaced the hardware with brand new direct fit replacements on the original bridge posts, and with the original screws and ferrules and aged them with a mild acid to match their appearance with the rest of the instruments. The owner was very pleased with the 335's return to its original playability and feel. Another satisfied customer!